Mimi Schroeder APR brings 20 years of book experience to MAX, including five years as the Publicity Manager for an independent trade publisher. She has also had the privilege of working with books as a reviewer for a Gannett newspaper, a publicist for an academic book publisher, a bookstore events manager for both independent and chain bookstores, and a bookseller.
Mimi has been Accredited in Public Relations (APR) since 2001. She is a member of the Atlanta chapter of the Public Relations Society of America, Center for Southern Literature and the Freelance Forum. She is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin and lives in Atlanta, Ga.
She has been fortunate to publicize books by authors, foreign and domestic, including, Mary Batten; Quentin Blake; Colin Bootman; John Butler; Babette Cole; Sneed B. Collard III; Carmen Agra Deedy; Adrian Fogelin; Carol Gorman; Bill Harley; Alison Hart; Leigh Hobbs; Deborah Hopkinson; Harry Horse; Gail Karwoski; Terry Kay; Lester L. Laminack, PhD; Carole Lewis, PhD, PT; John McCutcheon; Constance McGeorge; Marilyn Moffat, PhD, PT; Ferrol Sams, MD; Stephanie St. Pierre; Mike Reiss; Mary Ann Rodman; Melissa Stewart; Susan Stockdale; and Myron Uhlberg.
Her experience in public relations, book publicity, reviewing and special events includes:
- Publicity Manager for Peachtree Publishers in Atlanta, Ga.
- Book marketing for SETAC(The Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry) in Pensacola, Fla. and Brussels, Belgium
- Book reviewer for The Pensacola News-Journal in Pensacola, Fla.
- Community Relations Manager for Barnes & Noble in Pensacola, Fla.
- Public Relations Director for Audubon Court Books in Fox Point, Wis.
Simply put, she loves promoting books and authors!